A STEP IN FAITH
DECLARE YOUR FAITH
Next Water Baptism
Sunday, April 23rd, 2017
Watch the Short Talk on Water Baptism
At Lifecentre, we believe in Scriptural-based water baptism as an act of obedience in following Jesus. Matthew 28:19 says, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
If you are interested in being water baptized at Lifecentre it is a two-step process.
- Sign up for our next Water Baptism event at Lifecentre.
- On the day of your baptism, come early to a Take the Plunge Party to receive your T-Shirt and instructions. Someone from our office will be available to answer any questions you have in regards to your baptism.
What is Water Baptism?
Water baptism is only intended for the individual who has received the saving benefits of Christ’s atoning work and become His disciple. Therefore, in obedience to Christ’s command and as a testimony to God, the church, oneself and the world, a believer should be immersed in water in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Water baptism is a visual and symbolic demonstration of a person’s union with Christ in the likeness of His death and resurrection. It signifies that a person’s former way of life has been put to death and depicts a release from the mastery of sin.
As a symbol, baptism illustrates a number of significant realities:
- Christ’s death and resurrection
- The disciple’s union with Christ in His death and resurrection
- The new life in which a disciple walks
- Cleansing and washing away of sin
Why Should a Person Be Baptized?
- To obey the commands of Christ
- To evidence that a person is a disciple of Christ
- To follow the example of Christ